Working out how sustainable a building is relies on a number of factors, but one of the most important indicators is how energy efficient the property is.
There are lots of elements that contribute to this and play a part in how much heat a property loses or retains.
However, it’s estimated that a typical house loses 10% of its heat through the windows and doors. (GreenSpec 2022), around two thirds of this is due to radiation through the glazing and poor insulation.
This means that energy efficiency now has a stronger influence on which windows and doors builders, architects, and homeowners choose to purchase.
As the Government has recently introduced rigorous targets for the green building revolution, making sure that all new buildings are constructed to be highly energy efficient, it’s important for builders and architects to choose the most energy-efficient windows and doors.
Gone are the days when windows and doors were chosen solely based on their style and colour – it’s now important to think about how they insulate a property, and their impact on the environment.
How do builders know they’re choosing energy-efficient windows and doors?
Installing double or triple glazed aluminum windows and doors is an easy way to make a property more energy-efficient. According to the Energy Savings Trust, heat loss can be cut by up to 75% with energy efficient windows and doors, making aluminium windows and doors a go-to option within the industry.
As well as being energy-efficient, aluminium is widely used because of its intrinsic properties of durability and corrosion resistance.
Using aluminium ensures high-quality and provides a robust material that suits existing and future building regulations.
Modern aluminium products:
- Resist the elements
- Provide waterproof protection
- Provide thermal efficiency for years to come without warping, decaying, and rotting.
All our aluminium products have thermal break technology, providing a barrier between the inside and outside frame, keeping heat locked in, whilst also stopping condensation from forming. They also have U-Values as low as 1.19 W/m2K when calculated as a CEN Standard door.
It is important to keep this information in mind to ensure you’re investing in the most thermally efficient products.
What are the benefits of aluminium?
- Optimal security guaranteed: aluminium, offers high levels of safety and security from burglaries.
- Robust: aluminium is known for its robust qualities, allowing it to stand the test of time in all weather.
- Long-term investment: Aluminium requires less maintenance and repairs, and it could potentially increase the value of a property.
- Environmentally friendly: aluminium is 100% recyclable and, depending on the recycling process, it can retain all of its original properties.
- Precision-engineered: aluminium achieves its strength from its chemical composition during manufacturing. Once manufactured, it can cater to complex layouts.
- Thermally efficient: aluminium bi-fold doors are thermally efficient profiles. They resist the elements, are incredibly waterproof and won’t warp, decay or rot over time.
- Diverse customisations available: the possibilities are endless! Whether you want different colours, handles, thresholds and more – you can customise aluminium products.
FrameX windows and doors are all manufactured here in the UK, so we can ensure the highest quality and optimise insulation for every job.
Our products ensure energy efficiency, high quality, and style to make every property and building unforgettable.
Take a look at our range of windows, doors and roof lanterns today. .
For Compliant and High-Quality Products, Get in Touch With FrameX
If you’re a designer, builder, installer or architect, you need to know the new building regulations and ensure your projects are fully compliant for the future.
If you want to explore our range of compliant designs, ask all the questions you have and receive expert industry support – get in touch today!